Sport plays an important role in my life. Moving and improving myself gives me energy.I’m inspired by the stories of athletes like Maarten van der Weijden, Ananias Shikongo and Job de Ruiter. I attended the Nyenrode Sports Leadership Program to learn how to improve the international playing field of athletes and make this more sustainable.
As a NOC/NPC assistant at the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games I enjoyed the diversity of sports. As a personal assistant for the chef de mission I learned a lot about the different approaches and leadership styles of the delegations I worked for. The sports industry leans on a history of traditions, but the future is for innovative and adaptive organizations that really connect with their athletes and supporters. I would love to use the international experience in Rio 2016 and the insights from the Nyenrode Sports Leadership Program to create a sustainable and performance driven environment for sports communities.
At the moment I work parttime in sport management, communications and media production for the following projects and clients:
• Media manager // IWAS World Cup Wheelchair Fencing Stadskanaal
• Communications manager // Respo International
• Social media World Record 24h swimming // Maarten van der Weijden
• Online communications Next Sport Level // NOC*NSF
• Online media Day of Sport Research // Windesheim University
• Communications manager SSPUIZ // Nijha BV
• Media manager // Namibian Sport on the Move Foundation
• Athlete manager // Job de Ruiter (Dutch foil fencer)
I’m looking for a challenging job in an international sports environment. Don’t hesitate to contact if I can join your projects and team. What’s your story about?